Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

S.A.T. Style Reflective Essay: "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring"

I watched a film "spring, summer, fall, winter and spring". I just watched the first spring part. Before I write my summary, I want to say that I really really realized again what life and dead is about like a boy in the film.

Here is a brief summary. There is a monk and a student. They live in a temple. The temple is in the middle of the lake. However, they use a boat to get to the land. One day, the student was, playing with animals like fish, frog and snake. He tied them up to a small stone. The monk was watching him. That night, monk tied that boy up when he was sleeping. The next day, the boy asked his teacher if he could get that stone out of his back. Then the teacher said “Go and release all animals you have tied. Then Till let you free. Remember that if a single animal has died because of you, that stone will stay in your heart forever.”
The boy went to release all animals he has tied up. First, he went to see the fish. Fish was already dead by the time he got there. He felt sorry for it. Secondly, he went to see frog. Fortunately, frog was alive but it liked really tired. Lastly, he went to see snake. Snake has died so savagely which made the boy cry.

I felt sad too when I saw two animals dead. In my opinion, the moral that the movie wants to give us is ‘We should not threat our mature badly.’ I know that monks do not destruct the nature, so I think they have chosen monk as a main character. I have my own personal experience. When I was a young little boy, I have killed so many ants and worms. What I loved to do was pour water on the soil and step ants and worms when they come out. I did not stop doing that till my grand-dad died. Then I noticed what death is. I saw my cousins and parents crying. I thought that ants’ and worms’ family would also fell sad. I thank to this film for reminding me once again.



2 comments:

  1. It is true...even ants and worms have families! Reminds me of the animation Ant Bully. Nice blog and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I like the desing of this blog! how did you do it?

    ReplyDelete